Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

You Are What You Eat

Read those labels. http://www.nutritiondata.com/

There's some scary stuff in the foods we eat. Look for foods low in saturated fats and high in soluble fiber. Eat your veggies. Drink a lot of water. While I'm at it - when was the last time you exercised?

I know I sound like your mother. But I am a mother. I'm obligated. And remember I gave you a recipe for cookies yesterday; I'm just evening things out. Maybe it's guilt. I don't know.

Since I'm already on my soapbox why don't you check out this Op-Ed piece from Thursday's NYT? http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/opinion/11kristof.html?_r=2

We need to support the small, local and/or organic farms that strive to improve the quality of our food and our lives. It's time to move away from corporate dominated agriculture and the influence of lobbyists. If they have their way one day, instead of ingesting actual food, we'll be taking high fructose corn syrup intravenously. Yummy.

OK - I'm exaggerating. But you get my point.

I'll be back with recipes tomorrow.

No comments: