Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

There Goes My Perfect Attendance Record

I missed a day.  So much for 30 days in a row.  I nearly fell asleep while reading with my daughter at her bedtime and then I went to bed early myself.  Sometimes one needs to sleep more than one needs to write.

It's just that I don't really have all that much to say, every single day.  Those of you who know me in the real world are probably shocked at that pronouncement.  Believe me, I've got PLENTY to say.  It's just not all that interesting.  But if I am going to publish something here for public consumption I feel pressure to produce a piece trhat is  at least remotely worth holding one's attention for at least a few minutes. 

I think for some people the exercise of writing every day is necessary because they are WRITERS and it definitely requires a large amount of discipline to commit to such a task.  But I'm not a writer.  I'm not sure what I am (that's another blog post or several sessions with a qualified therapist).  I *am* someone who definitely wants to blog more frequently than once every 3 months or so (ahem) but every day is a bit much for me. 

I am going to press on and continue blogging (almost) every day in June because I have been enjoying it and the response from my readers (aka my friends) has been rewarding, positive and flattering.  But I need your help.  Is there anything you would like to see here?  A specific recipe?  Kitchen hints?   Tips for weeknight dinners?  Kid friendly recipes?  Cook once eat twice recipes?  My opinion on Le Affair Weiner?  Let me know.

1 comment:

trebleme said...

I love your recipe posts, for sure. And your political commentary is always spot on to me. Maybe part of what is hanging you up here is figuring out what it is you want this blog to be. Is it defined as "food-centric" or is it more encompassing? You are a brilliant woman (and I'm not just saying that!) and I would definitely read whatever it was you had to say - on whatever topic(s) you choose.

Looking forward to what comes next!