Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

I don't make resolutions. I used to. But once I broke them, or never got around to them, I felt guilty and, trust me, I don't need any help in that area. So I guess I am going to sound like a hypocrite when I ask you to make one resolution this year. I want you to resolve to cook more. I promise you will get a lot out of it.

Everyone gets his or her own pleasure from cooking. I know my greatest pleasure is sharing the fruits of my labor with people I love. There is nothing more satisfying for me than to watch people enjoying something I've created. It can be something as simple as Saturday morning pancakes with perfectly crisp bacon and a great cup of coffee (recipe coming in January) or a meal that takes days to pull together. Sitting around, enjoying the company of dear friends and family, is only enhanced by good food.

Cooking also slows you down. It makes you take stock. Think. Read. Contemplate. Plan. And we all need the excuse to slow down once in a while. It's what I love most about cooking and what I hope to share with you here and in my new series of cooking classes. Stay tuned please.

I hope the New Year brings you whatever it is you seek. I just want to get everyone into the kitchen.

Be well.

No comments: